I have to say I thought this was a really good episode. The lack of action in Meet Kevin Johnson was more than made up for in the first episode back from the writers strike. Here is a quick run-down of some of the main points. If you haven’t seen it yet, I’d recommend you stop reading now.
- Apparently Ben can time travel and he’s a badass with a club
- We saw how and why Sayid began working for Ben
- We learned who shot Rousseau and Karl. They proceed to put a bullet in Alex’s head.
- Sawyer has a softspot for Hurley
- Ben can summon the smoke monster to do his bidding
- Apparently the island use to belong to Widmore and Ben took it away from him. He also plans to take his daughter from him in return for what was done to Alex.
- The dead body that washes up on shore belongs to the doc and he was killed by someone from the boat
Those were some of the major events from the episode. I’ll do a full recap, but will be out of town for a few days, so feel free to discuss what you thought about The Shape of Things to Come here until I get back!